Just The Two of Us: Christmas Stuff
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Stuff myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


Road the fast train called "Shop Til You Drop" yesterday. Our (sleigh) Van hasn't been starting for a few days now, so my hubby has been taking my car. Well, you never miss anything until you don't have it. lol So yesterday, I took him to work at 6:30 am in hopes of starting my Christmas shopping. Yes, I buy half of my stuff in January every year and leave the rest to procrastination. It is kind of quirky, I love the thrill of getting a bargain and yet I love a good challenge! hehe!

I am a people person, so I love meeting and talking with people when they are out and about. I have some of my best conversations while in line, or browsing the clearance rack. While I have certainly had my run in with several elbows and people who just plain aren't your friendliest, yesterday, I had the nicest of days. I thought I was being smart, while in Marshalls, passing up the shopping carts, after all, if I can't carry it I can't overdo, right! Wrong, all I managed to do was look like a juggler walking down the isle with my arms holding a shopping cart load of gifts. A cute little snowman's ornament fell from my arms the lady next to me bent to pick it up and I said "Oh that's okay...we'll just ignore that one"? Well, she just bursted out laughing. Odd, but we had the greatest chat after that! Another lady saw my stuffed snowmen in my arms and told me that if I sprayed it with hairspray it would ward off dust and lint...go figure!

Shortly before noon, my son Terry called so I picked him up and treated him to lunch. It was great! I love catching up with the kids. At the same time, I sometimes wonder if I could be severely shortening my own life listening to what's going on in theirs. lol Oh most of the time it is so good and so uplifting it is just a joy. However, Terry is dating and well, I just want the best for him! A girl that treats him with oodles of respect, lifting him up with praise, holds him close when he's had a bad day, you know, good stuff; I would expect the same from him too.

Took him home and my wonderful Mom called and wanted me to meet her after her doctor's appt. So, we met halfway at a Super Target store, about 25 miles away. By this time, I was just getting my second wind but learned my lesson and opted for a cart, as did she. We shopped and talked. Mom does not enjoy shopping but admits she loves my enthusiasm and love for it! hehe! She and I enjoyed a coffee and a frappuccino at Star Bucks. She occasionally would comment on the coffee thing...mainly the prices! lol She kept saying what a different world it is. It was funny, just before we left she said, "I don't suppose you get free refills"? lol

Picked up Dennis and grabbed a bite to eat and then talked him into letting me stop at Hallmark. I know he'll never admit it but I think he enjoyed looking at all the cute little ornaments and stuff. I am so thankful for a guy that will put my needs before his own once in a while.

So, it's just the two of us slip sliding around and joyfully sorting out all the stuff, full of eager anticipation over who is going to get what! Hoping you are getting all the stuff that makes your loved ones smile.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

23 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I think this is my first time to your blog...nice lil space you have here!

I wish I started my shopping in January...I NEED to do that! LOL

Feel free to stop by my blog and say hello as well! :)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Sounds like you had a busy busy day!
We hit the stores yesterday too, but only a few. I've been doing a bit more on line this year.
Loved your Mom's thought about free refills at Starbucks! If only!!!
((hugs))

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Do you think if I sprayed my furniture with hairspray it would ward of dust and lint as well??

Just wonderin'... :-)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Sue, My Mom keeps me grounded! :) lol

LOL, now that is hilarious Momrn2! Wouldn't that be great!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Sounded like a grand day filled to the brim. Lovely that you had the family to share it with. You have put me in the mood for getting out and shopping tomorrow :)
Now where is that wallet of mine?
Bests

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

whew! what a busy day! I miss all the christmas shopping you and I would do. Dragging me out of bed at 6am to tell me you were taking dad to work and asking if I wanted to go shopping. I remember if you gave me about 10 minutes and put the puppy on the bed, I would willingly get up from the warmness of the bed! :) love ya!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, what a joy :)

You know I haven't even started my christmas shopping yet...I SO need to get on with it already.

Have a wonderful day,
Sandra

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What a fun day out;)We are SOOO behind here on everything Christmas, except for the shopping which is just about done. Now I just need to decorate, bake, plan and prepare:) Not until we all get over these colds.
Have a great day Pamela:)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Sounds like a busy, busy day, but loads of fun. I know what you mean when you say you try to shop without a cart. I do that in Walmart and end up looking like a pack mule!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I was laughing and laughing with your whole post and then when I get to the quote, I love it so much and it is going to my big collection of quotes, it is truly a great one I am posting it in my blog soon too. Thank you for that and for your enthusiasm while shopping, it sounds super, I had to laugh with the comment of your mom but I think the same about the prices. LOL. God bless you and you know what? I feel like shoping now.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Pamela! Glad you survived shopping! I haven't even started yet, but I am not going to worry about it. This year it doesn't seem important in my family because of dad. So we are going to wait until the after Christmas sales and plan a family day! Who knows~maybe we will start a new family tradition!

I LOVE meeting new people while standing in line, etc! And I have learned I always need to be prepared to give my testimony if need be....alot of people ask me why I am on crutches or using a wheelchair. The conversation usually leads to Christ (which is a good thing) so I have to be on the ball! I guess it is a good time to witness!

I love the tip about the hairspray! I am read to go out and buy a case of Suave Extra Hold ;o)

I'm there with you on the dating thing~read my post today!

Free refills...I laughed out loud!

I love your hubby~he sounds alot like mine! My hubby is very good to me as well. Maybe we should keep them!

Love the verse...I needed that today and always! Hugs! Amy

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Amy said...

P.S. Have you ever noticed that my comments are always the longest? I do have a big mouth, don't I? :)

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sounds like you worked hard today, now rest and enjoy!

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness, sounds like a very bust day indeed. Are you any closer to getting finished?

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I have barely started shopping. It's my least favorites thing to do in the world, I believe. But I'll be off a few days next week and hope to catch up! It's hard after work, and it's harder the days with the kiddoes.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

You and I both went shopping today:-) I had a lovely day too and even though it's hectic at the malls, I still take my time to enjoy the season and just keep smiling at the people who seem so harrassed! lol Like you, I can start up the most interesting conversations while standing in line...today I had a grandma with her little granddaughter behind me and we had a fun time talking:-) xox

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Good grief, you must be exhausted. I don't think I could keep up with you on a day like this., Pamela. Just taking care of a sick but cheerful little grandbaby did me in today. We ordered pizza. LOL

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Pamela, stopped back to let you know that I tagged you for an ABC Meme if you would like to do it:)

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to talk to people in the store too. It seems this time of the year people are usually very friendly.

Wow you sure do keep busy though. What a nice thing to have lunch with Terry.

Your mom sounds like a hoot. I have to admit I always wonder how they can charge so much for coffee. I hate to pay it. I make my Gevalia at home and add french vanilla and I am in heaven for less than a dollar, but that doesn't help when I am out and about. Then its Starbucks no matter what. Free refills, now that idea would make them a fortune and probably only cost them pennies. I think they should try it and your mom should get royalties.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Linda said...

congratulations on winning the shopping wars :) I love your Mom's comment on the coffee. Why is it we are willing to pay so much for that stuff? I always complain and yet I always go back!
Glad you had such a good day.(I talk to strangers too).

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Sounds like you had a very busy yet wonderful day! I'm going shopping with my mom this Saturday and after that I'll be completely done Christmas shopping, including supplies for baking! A little overwhelming to think Christmas is just right around the corner followed by my birthday in January. Where did 2006 go?! ;)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a good day. I love reading your blog it is always uplifting.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful shopping day yesterday!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home